Purpose Built to Distance Itself from the Typical Long-Range Rifle. Sturm, Ruger & Company is excited to announce the introduction of the Ruger Precision Rifle™. An all-new, in-line recoil path, bolt-action rifle, the Ruger Precision Rifle is highly configurable and offers outstanding accuracy and long-range capability. In production now, the Ruger Precision Rifle is available in .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, and, in the case of this model, 6.5 Creedmoor.
“Whether shooting tight groups at 100 yards, or reaching out to steel plates at 1,000 yards or beyond, shooting the Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly satisfying experience,” said Mike Fifer, Ruger CEO. “The engineering applied to the action of the Ruger American Rifle® brings world-class performance to Ruger long-range marksmanship.”
The Ruger Precision Rifle incorporates an in-line recoil path directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, eliminating the need for traditional bedding or a “chassis” system, and provides maximum accuracy potential by simplifying the rifle’s response to recoil. The Ruger® Precision MSR stock is adjustable for length of pull and comb height, offering a proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear, and shooting positions. While easily adjusted, the length of pull and comb height changes lock solidly in place and will not move while firing. The stock also features multiple QD sling attachment points, a bottom Picatinny rail for monopod attachment, and a soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge (which provides access to the bolt) is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts AR-style stocks.
The Ruger Precision Rifle features a Multi-Magazine Interface, a patent-pending system that functions interchangeably with side-latching M110/SR25/DPMS/Magpul® magazines and front-latching AI-style magazines. Two, 10-round Magpul PMAG® magazines are shipped with each rifle.
The Ruger Precision Rifle’s “upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion. The three-lug bolt with 70-degree throw is easily manipulated and features dual cocking cams, and a smooth-running, full-diameter bolt body. An oversized bolt handle is fitted for positive bolt manipulation and features 5/16″- 24 threads for easy customization. The “lower” receiver is precision CNC-machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging and is Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability. The magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports. The rifle also sports a 20-MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- Medium-contour barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle® Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included).
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle® Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning. Also features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Also includes: two, 10-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.